Thursday, September 3, 2009

Home... Sick... *Cough*

Yep, its that time of year again. My seasonal allergies are at their best, but this time its something different... Well, it started Monday afternoon right after school. My mom thought I picked something up from my friends at school (half of all my classes are out sick), but when we went to the doctors I was told I have something completely different. I had some type of repitary virus, which completely sucks because I could barely breathe! I was turning colors!

FInally one day it got so bad I went to the hospital around 12 am! The last time I was in a hospital was when I was around 4 years old, so I just wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. For me "as soon as possible" was 4 hours later. Yes, it took them about 2 hours to see me and then another 2 to tell me what was wrong! Unfortuantly, the statistics lady (person who weighs you, and asks for symptoms), the nurse, and the doctor all said different things. So now I know I either have a virus, a cold, a fever, or the flu. Greeaaattt..

A therapist had to come in and teach me how to use a rescue inhaler also. Its funny because when I was younger I always wanted one of those, but now that I have to use one its not so fun anymore. Fortunatly, I don't have asthma (so they say), so I don't have to keep using it. It's only for when I have colds or when I'm just having a hard time getting air.

As soon as I learned how to use it, the color of my face became normal again. This freaked my mom out because she thought it was just from me being ill. It was obvious I hadn't been getting enough oxygen.



That was yesterday. I've been out sick for 3 days. Today should be my last day. I want to go back tomorrow (Friday), so they'll give me all my make-up work to do over the weekend...

Speaking of the weekend, Labor Day weekend is coming up! I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing yet. I can either choose the family or friends approach. My mom's friend (who's like family) is getting remarried, so she wants to go to the wedding in New York, but I wanted to hang with my friends this weekend... I guess we'll see.

KIMANI ALERT: We've been fighting... I still love him, but he keeps flirting! I've gotten so much advice from other guys about it. So what I did last week was asked him if he still loved me. When he said "Of course." I forwarded all the texts guys have sent me with advice on the situation. And there were A LOT of messages! Like:

"If he's hugging up on other girls he likes them. It's common sense Bri."

"You need to move on. The guys playing you like a fiddle. He knows you'll always love you, so he's taking advantage of you. Find someone else."

"What's going on is he likes being able to call you his girl, but he also likes being single.. So he's doing what he can to keep both. Dump him."

And SO many more!

I could tell he was really getting into it, because he sent me back a text saying "Wow.. I haven't realized how much of a dueche I've been since you forwarded those messages... I'm really sorry." And ever since he's been trying to make it up to me. Awww! (:

And he's so caring... Since I've been sick he's been calling me every morning and afternoon to see if I'm alright. He's even sending these little phrases of lyrics from my favorite songs! How sweet is that?

"Are you afraid of being alone? Cuz I am, I'm lost without you."
- Blink 182
I'm Lost Without You

No comments: